Operating systems: Windows Vista, 7
I have found this simple process can resolve many printing problems.
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Click the 'Start' button in the bottom left corner of the screen. In the space at the bottom of the window, type in 'Command'.
3. From the list above, right click on 'Command Prompt' then left click on 'Run as Administrator' from the menu appears. Click on 'Yes' or 'Continue' if a warning message appears.
4. Within the black window that appears, type in the following commands, pressing the enter key after each one:
(a) net stop spooler
(b) del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q
(c) net start spooler
5. Close all the windows on the screen and then turn the computer off by clicking 'Start', then clicking 'Turn Off'. Wait for the screen to go completely blank.
6. Ensure that paper is correctly loaded in the printer.
7. Ensure that the cable is firmly connected between the computer and printer.
8. Turn on the printer and ensure that no error indicators are displayed. An error (such as empty ink cartridges) usually prevents any printing at all and needs to be addressed before going onto the next step.
9. Turn on the computer and wait for it to become fully operational. Try printing again.