How to: Setup Gmail in Windows Live Mail
1. Within Windows Live Mail, click on the blue square in the top left corner of the screen. From the menu that appears, point to 'Options'. From the menu that extends to the right, click on 'Email accounts...'.
2. Click on the 'Add' button on the right of the new window that appears.
3. Click on 'Email Account', then click 'Next'.
4. Fill out the form that appears as follows:
- Click in the 'Email address' box and type in your full Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click in the 'Password' box and type in your Gmail password (this is case sensitive)
- Click in the box below 'Display name for your sent messages' and type in your name as you want it to appear on the recipients computer.
- Tick the box marked 'Manually configure server settings'.
- Click on 'Next'
5. Fill out the next form that appears as follows:
- Click in the 'Server address' box under the 'Incoming server information' heading and type in 'pop.gmail.com'.
- Tick the box marked 'Requires a secure connection (SSL)'.
- Click in the 'Server address' box under the 'Outgoing server information' heading and type in 'smtp.gmail.com'
- Click in the 'Port' box to the right of the outgoing server address and type in '465'.
- Tick the boxes under the outgoing server address marked 'Requires a secure connection (SSL)' and 'Requires authentication'.
- Click on 'Next'.
6. Click on 'Finish', then click 'Close' to complete the process.